As airbrushes have found many applications in our life the demand for spray booths is also pretty high. There is a wide variety of them on the market to meet your specific needs. These are great devices that'll become an essential part of your airbrush job once you try it. But we believe you read this, probably, because you already have some issues with airbrushing. Let's set the record straight: here we're not going to touch upon building DIY booths. But we will talk about those airbrush spray booths that you can buy.
Application of airbrush spray booths
To begin with, we'll tell about their intended use for those customers who have just discovered about spray booths. A spray booth is a working environment intended to optimize your painting job through protecting your working area from casual overspray and ensuring your safety and health. With a spray booth, it is possible to coat small objects with paint while keeping a clean environment and preventing toxic fumes from releasing into the air.
A spray booth as an essential tool for airbrushing
Let's find out whether it is essential to buy an airbrush spray booth.
No one would deny that airbrushing can be detrimental to the health. And it doesn't only come to the health but also to a cleanness of the working area. Using a spray booth makes your airbrushing even easier as it allows to upgrade your workspace and spray paint within moderate working dimensions. This is ideal for hobby and crafts and can be also perfect for airbrush users who have small space for working.
Why it's better to buy an airbrush spray booth rather than to make a DIY one
Of course, you can make a kind of a spray booth by yourself. But consider first whether you're about to get stuck into the building of a homemade one. Besides, building something like that requires much space, time, effort, and almost as many expenditures as a store-bought spray booth.
And what's more important, homemade booths cannot guarantee the same quality as factory-built spray booths. Whereas the latter offer durability and provide safe spaying and efficient protection of your working area from paint overspray. In addition to it, they work more quietly, have a rugged design and are extremely easy to use and maintain.
Anyway, buying a spray booth helps to get rid of various issues concerning filtration and efficiency of the spray booth performance.
Speaking about the benefits of using airbrush spray booths we decided that it would seem appropriate to tell about them in more detail.
Benefits of using airbrush spray booths
- The most obvious and essential feature of spray booths is their capability to keep paint particles and odors away.
- Providing that, you can find models equipped with different options for filters, fans, driers, and even revolving turntables. All that allows for optimal paint spraying while extracting overspray and removing fumes.
- However, spray booths are easy to set up as they all come with clear instructions. Plus, filters and many other their parts can be replaced.
- Since there are plenty of them on the market, the manufacturers of airbrush spray booths aim at creating quality designs, providing high efficiency, and all while delivering products at affordable prices.
- Due to the robust construction and special materials, airbrush spray booths are easy to clean.
- Among a countless number of their variations, you can find compact and portable airbrush spray booths. You can fold them, move around and transport easily.
- Nevertheless, they provide enough space for airbrushing.
- Furthermore, a spray booth is a good choice for those who do not have a well-ventilated garage or shed suitable for airbrushing.
- A spray booth is a must-have for airbrush users working with car paints or other toxic mediums and nonstandard hobby paints to ensure safe working conditions. Here it's important to note for working on large scale projects or using paints that can give off toxic fumes. In such cases, it is necessary to use a respirator, mask, and goggles for the extra protection.
If you appreciate these qualities, a spray booth will be a worthy investment in your hobby and business.
Tips on choosing airbrush spray booths
Summarizing the aforesaid, you can point out several aspects that will be useful by picking out a spray booth.
- choose airbrush spray booths according to your specific needs;
- think about the sizes first, a chosen spray booth should provide enough space for your painting job;
- at the same time, it should be ok with your surrounding working area;
- it should be appropriate for your application needs: consider a type of paints you use;
consider upon optional features of spray booths you need.
We think there is no place for compromises. It is definitely possible to find the right and, importantly, affordable airbrush spray booth that fully fits your needs.
We hope this short spray booth buying guide was useful for you and now you're ready to find and choose the right spray booth for you.
Good luck and enjoy your airbrush job!